Master of Pastoral Studies
The Loyola Institute for Ministry can help you discern your vocational call affordably. In addition, our courses are inspired by the best in Catholic theology and animated by Ignatian spirituality; they are transformative and practical. Dynamic on-campus and online learning communities make your studies come alive.
Our programs equip you for jobs in chaplaincy, teaching, or church and non-profit work. On their own or as part of dual degrees with Business, Counseling, or Criminal Justice, they can help you see work in any field as a ministry and so help you live out your baptismal call to Christian action that offers hope and healing to a world in such need today. If you are interested in chaplaincy, learn more here»
Additional Dual Degree Options:
- Master of Pastoral Studies / Master of Business Administration (MPS / MBA)
- Master of Pastoral Studies / Master of Science in Counseling (MPS / MS)
- Master of Pastoral Studies / Master of Criminology & Justice (MPS / MCJ)
Auto [Expedited] Admit Program for LOYNO Students
Are you a Loyola New Orleans graduating senior or current alum? You could be eligible for the auto admit program. The Pastoral Studies program will auto admit eligible Loyola New Orleans students who meet the following criteria:
- students with a 3.0 GPA or higher and submission of a resume will be automatically admitted.&
To apply as an auto admit, submit one of the following applications:
- On-Campus Graduate Programs Quick App
- Online Graduate Programs Quick App (if applying for the online MPS program)
master of pastoral studies
Loyola’s Master of Pastoral Studies degree online consists of 36 credit hours, which includes:
- Core courses (18 credit hours)
- Focus area courses (9 credit hours)
- Elective courses (6 credit hours)
- Capstone course (3 credit hours)
Check out the University Bulletin to view further curriculum information about Loyola's pastoral studies program and download a degree worksheet.
Start the conversation — learn more about your program of interest.
How to Apply
Review the admission requirements for Loyola's Master of Pastoral Studies program.