Voice and Movement Workshop II
THEA-M112-001 | Fall 2013
Service learning is required for this course.
Time commitment: 15 hours
Service learning goal: Students will observe, understand and be able to reproduce various accents prevalent in the New Orleans community by conversing and forming relationships with New Orleanians in community-based service learning placements.
All students in this course must complete a service learning placement with one of the following agencies:
Anna's Arts for Kids
APEX Youth Center
Cafe con Ingles
Catholic Charities: English as a Second Language
Freret Neighborhood Center
Good Shepherd School
Hainkel Home and Rehabilitation Center
Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation
St. Stephen Catholic School
Uptown Shepherd's Center
HOW TO CHOOSE & COMPLETE A SERVICE LEARNING PLACEMENT
- Watch this video on how to get a service learning placement.
- Once you have finalized your service learning placement, document all your hours using a service learning timesheet. Submit timesheets to the service learning office twice per semester. Check the Loyola Service Learning Calendar for timesheet deadlines.
- Finish all your service learning hours by the last day of classes.
- Know that your performance will be evaluated by your agency. This performance evaluation will be given to your professor and incorporated into your class grade.
- Receive a service learning transcript notation. Put it on your resume too!