Second Year Spanish II
SPAN-A201-001 and 002 | Fall 2013
Service learning is optional for this course.
Time commitment: 15 hours
Service learning goal: Students will improve their understanding and use of the Spanish language and appreciation of Latino culture by volunteering in Latino-serving organizations.
Students in this course may opt to complete a service learning placement with one of the following agencies:
Cafe con Ingles
Catholic Charities: English as a Second Language
Catholic Charities: Head Start (Louise site)
Elevate (Spanish tutoring only)
Wage Claim Clinic at the Workplace Justice Project
Wilson Charter School (ESL support only)
HOW TO CHOOSE & COMPLETE A SERVICE LEARNING PLACEMENT
- Watch this video on how to get a service learning placement.
- Once you have finalized your service learning placement, document all your hours using a service learning timesheet. Submit timesheets to the service learning office twice per semester. Check the Loyola Service Learning Calendar for timesheet deadlines.
- Finish all your service learning hours by the last day of classes.
- Know that your performance will be evaluated by your agency. This performance evaluation will be given to your professor and incorporated into your class grade.
- Receive a service learning transcript notation. Put it on your resume too!