SOCI-A100-001 | Fall 2013
Service learning is required for this course.
Anna's Arts for Kids
APEX Youth Center
Boys Hope Girls Hope
Cafe con Ingles
Catholic Charities: English as a Second Language
Catholic Charities: Head Start
Edible Schoolyard NOLA
Freret Neighborhood Center
Good Shepherd School
Hainkel Home and Rehabilitation Center
Harry Tompson Center
Kedila Family Learning Services
Lafayette Academy Reading Room
Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation
Luke's House Clinic
NET Charter High School
Orleans Public Defenders
Ozanam Inn Computer Lab
St. Stephen Catholic School
STAIR: Start the Adventure in Reading
Uptown Shepherd's Center
Wage Claim Clinic at the Workplace Justice Project
Wilson Charter School
HOW TO CHOOSE & COMPLETE A SERVICE LEARNING PLACEMENT
- Watch this video on how to get a service learning placement.
- Once you have finalized your service learning placement, document all your hours using a service learning timesheet. Submit timesheets to the service learning office twice per semester. Check the Loyola Service Learning Calendar for timesheet deadlines.
- Finish all your service learning hours by the last day of classes.
- Know that your performance will be evaluated by your agency. This performance evaluation will be given to your professor and incorporated into your class grade.
- Receive a service learning transcript notation. Put it on your resume too!