Panama City Lodging and Accommodations
Housing will be held at the Country Inn and Suites Panama Canal.
We use The Country Inn & Suites Hotel Panama Canal as the program headquarters because of its superior location (just off the Amador Causeway, featuring views of the Panama Canal entrance, the Pacific Ocean, and the Bridge of the Americas), large rooms with balconies, excellent service, and reasonable rates. The Tocumen International Airport is just 4.2 miles away. Additionally, the hotel is located very near the courts, the Panama Canal Authority, and the Universidad Latina de Panamá. Though the city center is just a 10 – 15 minute cab ride away, students will have easy access to the culture, outdoor activities, and nightlife of the Amador Causeway.
Additionally, classes will be held in the hotel’s conference room on May 16, 20, 21, 22, and 23; program final examinations will be held in the hotel’s conference room on May 24.
All program faculty and staff will stay at the Country Inn and Suites Panama Canal. We very strongly encourage all students to stay at the Country Inn and Suites, as it is convenient for you and because your presence there helps us to foster a healthy group dynamic. However, if someone wishes to seek accommodations elsewhere, we are available to suggest other properties.
- The Country Inn & Suites Hotel Panama Canal, a 4–star hotel, offers 260 guest rooms and suites.
- All rooms include an ensuite bathroom, hot water, 42" LCD TV, balcony (most rooms), desk, coffee maker, microwave, minibar, in-room safe, radio/alarm clock, telephone, air conditioning, iron/ironing board, and hair dryer.
- The Country Inn & Suites Hotel Panama Canal offers a complimentary guest breakfast buffet (with each paid night) and high speed wireless Internet access throughout the hotel.
- The hotel also features three on-site restaurants and cafés (including a T.G.I. Friday’s), pool and whirlpool, fitness center, and a playground for children.
- In addition to all rooms offering sufficient work space, the hotel also features numerous lounge spaces (including the hotel lobby, the restaurants/cafés, and the outdoor pool area) which are conducive to study.
Conditions of the Reservation
- Our rooms at the hotel will be reserved from May 11 – May 24, with check-out on May 25. If Loyola books a room for you at the base hotel, you are obligated to stay the full session at the hotel.
- If you are arriving before May 11 or departing after May 25 and you wish to stay at the base hotel, please clearly mark your dates of arrival and departure on the base hotel form. You will be eligible to receive the same rate for these additional nights.
- The Country Inn & Suites Hotel Panama Canal does not allow weekend checkout.
- It is permissible to have a person who is not enrolled in the program stay with you, provided you both pay the double room rate. However, unregistered guests MAY NOT stay in the rooms of registered guests. If persons who are not registered guests wish to stay at the hotel, they will need to register with the hotel’s reception and pay for the night’s stay.
- You will pay for the room in full upon check-in. Major credit cards and cash will be accepted.
Room Types and Rates
GARDEN VIEW SINGLE $82.50 per night (includes daily breakfast buffet, free Wi-Fi, all taxes and fees)
GARDEN VIEW DOUBLE $41.25 per night (includes daily breakfast buffet, free Wi-Fi, all taxes and fees)
SEA VIEW SINGLE $97.50 per night (includes daily breakfast buffet, free Wi-Fi, all taxes and fees)
SEA VIEW DOUBLE $48.75 per night (includes daily breakfast buffet, free Wi-Fi, all taxes and fees)
Please note that we will offer three rooming options for the base hotel:
A. Single Room
- If a student wishes to have a single room, he/she will pay the full room rate per night and receive a room for single use.
B. Double Room with Roommate Preference
- If a student wishes to share a double room with a specific person, each student will pay ½ the full room rate per night and receive a double room to share. The Base Hotel Reservation Form will feature an area where students will designate their roommate preference.
C. Double Room with Roommate Random Match
- If a student wishes to share a double room with a random program participant, each student will pay ½ the full room rate per night and receive a double room to share. The Base Hotel Reservation Form will feature an area where students will designate their choice of “roommate random match.”
- This option often works best for students who do not know others attending the program.
- Random matches will be gender based, meaning female students will be matched with other female students, etc.
Finding a Roommate
If you are seeking a roommate for any accommodations, please consider the following options:
When you register for the program, you will automatically be subscribed to the Panama listserv. You are invited to use the listserv as a way to find roommates, get to know your fellow travelers, exchange airfare information, etc. To send your own message through the listserv, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.