The mission of the Center for International Education at Loyola University New Orleans is to promote the internationalization of the university by initiating, developing and supporting a wide range of international and intercultural educational opportunities for members of the Loyola community.
- To prepare students to live and interact successfully in the global community by encouraging participation in programs that develop intercultural competence.
- To ensure that international students are well integrated into the Loyola and New Orleans community by providing innovative programs and services.
- To develop a high-quality Loyola Intensive English Program that is well-integrated into the university and the local community and contributes to Loyola’s internationalization.
- To develop high-quality partnerships and programs abroad and increase participation of all students in education abroad programs without regard to finances, ethnicity, gender, or academic major.
- To ensure that international students are knowledgeable of their immigration responsibilities and that the university is in compliance with SEVIS requirements.
- To serve as a leader in the internationalization of Loyola and collaborate with faculty, the colleges, and Student Affairs in those efforts.