Apply to LIEP
Please click through the links below to find more information about applying to LIEP! If you have any additional questions about the application or the process, you can email email@example.com
Please make sure that you meet the following requirements before applying to LIEP:
1. You must have an INTERMEDIATE level (or higher) of English. Intermediate level English can be shown in the following ways:
- Submit a TOEFL score of at least 36 iBT, 110 CBT, 420 PBT; IELTS of at least 4.5.
- Have an English instructor fill out a Language Evaluation form (available in the LIEP application).
- Arrange to be interviewed via Skype.
2. You must have completed high school.*
3. You must be at least 18 years old when you enroll in the program.*
*There may be exceptions to these requirements. If you have not completed high school or you are less than 18 years old, please send us an email and we will consider your situation.
Start the application process by filling out an on-line application by clicking the "Apply Now."
- View the terms and dates listed at the bottom of the page and decide which term you will select
- Select "Apply Now"
- Select "No" to the question "Have you received your login credentials already via email?"
- Select "LIEP Application"
- Fill out the requested information and an email will be sent to you with your login and password information (if you forget your password, click on “Forgot my password” on the login page)
- Signature verification form and copy of identity page of passport- Because this is an electronic application, we have to verify your identity. A signature verification form is a document that allows us to verify your identity. Please send us this right away. We must receive this before you can submit other documents.
- Questionnaires - There are 3 questionnaires: (1) LIEP application, (2) LIEP Essay, and (3) LIEP Housing Application (if you wish to live on-campus). Complete these online and click submit when you are finished.
- Signature Documents - These are electronic signatures. Click on the document and sign it electronically. You will only be able to do this after we receive your signature verification form.
- Material Submissions – These are physical documents that you have to send to Loyola. You can scan and email the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax them, or send by mail. As soon as we receive them, we will mark them as received.
The following are the material submissions that we require.
- Evidence of intermediate (or higher) level of English - this can be the LIEP language certification signed by an English teacher, OR a standardized language test, OR some other documentation including a telephone/Skype call with one of our instructors.
- LIEP Affidavit of support (if applying for F-1 status) - this document is financial evidence that shows you or your sponsor have sufficient funds to cover your tuition and living expenses during the period of your intended study. This form can be completed officially by a bank OR you can complete the form and provide a bank statement or tax documents showing the required amount.
- LIEP Immunization Form - this form can be completed by your doctor to prove that you have had the vaccinations and that they are up to date.
Fees and housing are due upon arrival. Payment can be made by cash, personal check, wire transfer or credit card. A 40% refund of tuition is available to students only if they withdraw from the program in writing before the end of the first full week of the program. No refunds are made for housing.
Once you turn everything in and you are accepted, it usually takes approximately 10 working days for us to process and mail your I-20 back to you.
If you are already in the United States attending another institution, you must first be accepted to the program, and then submit a transfer form to your current language program before LIEP will provide a Form I-20. Transfer forms are available at http://www.loyno.edu/cie/transfer-to-loyola.
Students who qualify for admission to Loyola University, but still require a small amount of English may be able to take two LIEP courses for academic credit while enrolled in two other academic classes through our Pilot Program.
Students who want to study at Loyola University New Orleans, and are otherwise prepared for university study but still need to study in the Intensive English Program can apply for conditional admission. To qualify for conditional admission, you must complete all Loyola International Admissions requirements. To apply, use the regular International Admissions process.